DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: July 29th, 2019
- The Anthology submissions are only accepted from members of the Ink Slingers Guild.
- ISG Anthology 2019: Required Story Elements:
- Must include the word pumpkin
The story must have the word incorporated into the story by whatever means the author deems appropriate. There is no right or wrong way to include it; it must simply be incorporated in some way, by whatever definition the author chooses. Please note that the annual Anthologies are rated PG-13.
- THEME: Just include the pumpkin (but Lisa would love it if it was Halloween based!)
- An entry fee of $25 is required. This fee goes toward the book cover, images, International Standard Book Numbers and any other fees that are required to publish the book. The payment can be made using PayPal (sent to info at witchinghourpublishing .com) or by check. Contact WHP directly for the mailing address.
- Entries must be submitted in Rich Text Format (.rtf) or Word. If you use Scrivenor, you can export the story as an .rtf. If you do not have either of these programs, you can download a free program called Open Office. You can get it here. http://www.openoffice.org/. Each entry must include a cover page with the title of the story, the author’s legal name, pen name if applicable, address, telephone number, email address and an approximate word count. Every subsequent page must carry the title, author name (or pen name) and a page number. The story must be double-spaced.
- Send entry by email to InkSlingersGuild at gmail.com. The email must include:
- Attachment of submission in Rich Text Format.
• Attachment of a high quality author photo
• Full Name
• Pen Name, if applicable
• Email & Phone Number with best time to contact and preferred method to discuss edits.
• Links to your social media: website and/or blog, Facebook and Twitter
• Payment information (See Number 2 above).
- • Signed contract (found on this page)
6. All entrants will retain all publication rights; however, a non-exclusive release contract will be required prior to publishing.
7. When the book is complete, all included authors are required to aid in the promotion of the book and in promoting their work by doing the following:
- Promoting the book through your social media channels; Facebook, Twitter and website.
- The book will be added to Amazon.com. Once released, make sure you set up your author page on that website.
- The book will be added to Goodreads.com. Once released, make sure you set up your author page on that website.
8. All entrants must abide by these Requirements or the submission may be deemed unqualified for the final Anthology.
9. All submissions must be the original works of the ISG member. Plagiarism will not be accepted. This includes the use of any third-party prose including but not limited to song lyrics, characters or poetry. If submitted without written permission, it will result in disqualification. Excessive violence or sex, determined by the editors, will also result in disqualification.
10. To be eligible, entries must be no longer than 10,000 words in length.
11. Each submitted story will go through an editing and proofreading process. The editor and publisher will use their judgement to create the final product. The author must make themselves available as needed for any major changes. In the case that the author is not available in a timely manner for coordination, the publisher may print the story without any additional coordination or feedback.
When it’s ready, (target is October 1st), the book will be available as an eBook on Amazon.
Ink Slingers, we challenge you to create a spectacular story as part of this unique anthology!