The Anthology submissions are only accepted from members of the
Ink Slingers Guild.
THEME: Epic Fantasy
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: August 6, 2023 (Sunday)
Publish Date: October 1, 2023
Required Story Elements:
“We are an island unto ourselves.”
One planet, a water realm with continents/islands, transport is by ship.
Author chooses and creates their own island: Each continents/island is completely different – built to your specs. It’s YOUR island.
The islands are close together (1-4 hours apart).
Each person on each the island has to find or protect or train or hunt a magical native flora or fauna (plant or creature).
The story must have the theme and element incorporated by whatever means the author deems appropriate. There is no right or wrong way. Please note that the Anthologies are rated PG-17.
1. There is no entry fee and there are no royalties paid.
2. Upload entry to the ISG folder or send entry by email to InkSlingersGuild at gmail.com with ISG Anthology in the Subject line. The document / email must include:
• Attachment of submission in Word or RTF (rich text format).
• Attachment of your signed contract (find it here)
• Full Name
• Pen Name – IF YOU USE ONE
• Links to your social media: AMAZON, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, GOODREADS
4. When the book is complete, all included authors are required to aid in the promotion of the book and in promoting their work by doing the following:
• Promoting the book through your social media channels; Facebook, Twitter and website.
• The book will be added to Amazon.com. Once released, if you do not have an author page on Amazon, set one up. 🙂
• The book will be added to Goodreads.com. Once released, make sure you set up your author page on that website too.
5. All entrants must abide by these Requirements or the submission may be deemed unqualified for the final Anthology.
6. All submissions must be the original works of the ISG member. Plagiarism will not be accepted. This includes the use of any third-party prose including but not limited to song lyrics, characters or poetry. If submitted without written permission, it will result in disqualification. Excessive violence or sex, determined by the editors, will also result in disqualification.
7. To be eligible, entries must be no longer than 10,000 words in length.
8. Each submitted story will go through an editing and proofreading process that DOES NOT REQUIRE APPROVAL FROM THE AUTHOR. The editor and publisher will use their judgement to create the final product. They may seek the author with questions. The author must make themselves available as needed for any major changes. In the case that the author is not available in a timely manner for coordination, the publisher may OR MAY NOT print the story without any additional coordination.
Once published, the book will be available as an eBook on Amazon.
Ink Slingers! We challenge you to create a spectacular story to add to this unique anthology shoulder to shoulder with your fellow Slingers!