It’s that time again. Submissions for our third anthology, coming out in 2014, are now being accepted!
Here are the rules:
ISG Anthology Requirements
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: April 1st, 2014
0. The Anthology submissions are only accepted from members of the Ink Slingers Guild.
1. ISG Anthology 2014: Required Story Elements:
The story must have each of these three words incorporated into the story by whatever means the author deems appropriate. There is no right or wrong way to include them; they must simply be incorporated in some way, by whatever definition the author chooses.
2. Entries must be submitted in Rich Text Format (.rtf) or Word. If you use Scrivenor, you can export the story as an .rtf. If you do not have either of these programs, you can download a free program called Open Office. You can get it here. http://www.openoffice.org/
Each entry must include a cover page with the title of the story, the author’s legal name, pen name if applicable, address, telephone number, email address and an approximate word count. Every subsequent page must carry the title, author name (or pen name) and a page number. The story must be double-spaced.
3. Send entry by email to InkSlingersGuild at gmail.com. The email must include:
• Attachment of submission in Rich Text Format.
• Attachment of a high quality author photo
• Full Name
• Pen Name, if applicable
• Email & Phone Number with best time to contact and preferred method to discuss edits.
• Links to your social media: website and/or blog, Facebook and Twitter
4. All entrants will retain all publication rights; however, a non-exclusive release contract will be required prior to publishing.
5. There is no entry fee. When the book is complete, all included authors are required to aid in the promotion of the book and in promoting their work by doing the following:
• Promoting the book through your social media channels; Facebook, Twitter and website.
• The book will be added to Goodreads.com. Once released, make sure you set up your author page on that website.
6. All entrants must abide by these Requirements or the submission may be deemed unqualified for the final Anthology.
7. All submissions must be the original works of the ISG member. Plagiarism will not be accepted. This includes the use of any third-party prose including but not limited to song lyrics, characters or poetry. If submitted without written permission, it will result in disqualification. Excessive violence or sex, determined by the editors, will also result in disqualification.
8. To be eligible, entries must be no longer than 10,000 words in length.
9. Each entrant may submit only one manuscript. No revisions will be accepted.
10. Each submitted story will go through an editing and proofreading process. The editing process will include coordination with the author and the author must make themself available as needed for any changes. A final proof will be provided for your approval and approval will be required in writing prior to release.
11. To add some spice: Many members submitted words for the basis of the anthology but only three were chosen to be required in the story. Below are some of the words submitted that did not get chosen. Incorporate one or more of these words into your story as you wish. Whoever has used the most words listed (beyond the required three) will have their story placed at the beginning of the book. If there is a tie the authors will be listed in alphabetical order by last name. The ‘extra credit’ words are:
Styrofoam • Ginger • Picture • Vineyard • Vernacular • Labyrinth • Sorry
When it’s ready, around the beginning of November, we will arrange for the book to be available in both eBook and POD (print on demand) on Amazon.
We challenge you to create a spectacular story and join the ranks of published authors in this soon-to-be unique anthology!